Shameless promo for an upcoming event…but the organizers of LitFest have invited us to be on a panel with Jonathan Gold to chat about Chinese food in Los Angeles. I’m completely honored to be a part of this so would love it if everyone came out and supported us.
Who: 626 Foodettes and Jonathan Gold
When: Saturday, May 11 / 1:00 pm — 1:45 pm
Where: Pasadena Central Park (1 W Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91105)
What: We’ll be chatting about how the San Gabriel Valley became the capital of Chinese food in LA.
More details here and the venue is just a hop and skip away from the Del Mar Gold Line station if you’re too lazy to drive in from the West side. I know I would be.
And like all good events, there will be food. No, not Chinese food, but if anyone wants to hit up a restaurant afterwards, don’t hesitate to ask. We’re more than happy to chat more over a bowl of noodles.
So we all know that you’re coming to see us on our panel with Jonathan Gold on Saturday, but what are you doing on Sunday, May 12th? Here are some deals for the upcoming holiday weekend.
Highlights for that special Sunday are below. For more details and to take advantage of these delicious deals, please visit DowntownLA.com/MothersDay.
· Hilton Checkers Downtown. Relax & enjoy a delectable brunch buffet on its beautiful patio, including many specialty stations and made to order items. As a present to Moms, Hilton is offering a 25% discount for mothers, plus a complimentary Mimosa to start the celebration.
· Border Grill. Enjoy upscale, modern Mexican food in a vibrant setting at Border Grill, the hip, urban cantina from Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger, of Bravo’s “Top Chef Masters” and Food Network’s “Too Hot Tamales.”
· Millennium Biltmore: Rendezvous at the grand and historic Millennium Biltmore for a Mother’s Day brunch complete with flowing sparkling wine and a lovely rose for mom. A decadent buffet will be set-up in the Rendezvous Court and Smeraldi’s with seating in the Italian Renaissance-Style Smeraldi’s.
· Omni Hotel: Treat mom to a “Queen for a Day”-themed brunch at the Grand Cafe at the Omni. Every mom will receive goodies! Adults can enjoy bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Mary’s. Highlights from the buffet include a “Her Way” omelet station, a carving station with rosemary rubbed rib eye and sea salt brined turkey breast, pan seared salmon, crepes Florentine, cranberry shallot couscous, and citrus panna cotta with wild berries.
· Blue Ribbon Garden. Celebrate mom in Walt Disney Concert Hall’s beautiful, one-acre garden 34 feet above Hope Street. Dine among flowering trees and views of the city. Menu highlights include: country ham carving station, a crepe station, a build your own parfait bar, brioche French toast, quiche Lorraine, Vienna style fried chicken with potato cucumber salad, and more.